Vacation St Croix is a vacation rental agency engaging in the rental of private property to others. This agency reserves the right to refuse service to anyone we feel will not be responsible for the rental property.
- The minimum age to rent any of our properties is 25.
- We have a 7 night minimum stay required at all properties.
- Mandatory 12.5% VI Hotel tax is charged for all rentals.
- 50% of the rental rate and tax is required to confirm a reservation. Deposits are due within 10 days of booking.
- Full balance due 45 days prior to arrival.
〉 PAYMENT POLICY:
VACATION ST. CROIX requires that 50% of the rent is due here within 10 days of booking to confirm your reservation. The balance of the rent, 12.5% VI Hotel Tax, and any damage deposits requested are due 45 days prior to your arrival. Reservations made within 45 days of arrival are payable in full at the time of booking.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard through PayPal only. A surcharge of 3.5% applies for credit cards.
- We will accept only one credit card per party.
No shows, late arrivals, change in the number of persons, and early departures after arrival are non-refundable. (See Hurricane policy) No refunds will be granted unless there is a problem that cannot be cured within 24 hours, or which causes the Guest extreme and undue discomfort or serious inconvenience. Guests who abandon their villa without authority agree they have no rights to compensation.
〉 CANCELLATION POLICY:
In HIGH SEASON: If the property can be re-booked for the same rate and time, then 80% of the payment made will be refunded. Otherwise, no payment is refunded. In OFF SEASON: If more than 45 days notice is given, then 80% of payments made will be refunded. Otherwise, no payment is refunded. Reservations are not transferable to another party. We strongly suggest you purchase travel insurance to cover your costs in the event you are forced to cancel.
〉 DAMAGE DEPOSITS:
All Villas require a damage deposit of at least $500, which may be paid by check or PayPal. The sum will be refunded within 3 days of departure unless:
- Damage over and above the normal wear and tear is discovered at the villa or its contents upon departure.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of our villas. For the comfort and safety of guests and homeowners, all villas have a strict no-smoking policy. If guests are found to have smoked inside the vacation home, the full security deposit will be forfeited to cover the costs of cleaning and fumigating the home.
- Keys or gate/electronic remotes are lost.
- There is breakage, damage, missing items, long-distance calls charged to the villa’s telephone or extraordinary clean up.
VACATION ST. CROIX is acting as the agent for accommodations. Neither VACATION ST. CROIX nor the accommodation owner assumes any liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accidents, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from their villa. Transportation (airlines, rental cars, and taxis) are supplied by providers who operate independently of VACATION ST. CROIX.
VACATION ST. CROIX and the accommodation owner assume no responsibility for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers, or otherwise and Guest shall indemnify and hold harmless VACATION ST. CROIX and the accommodation owner for any claims for personal injury or property damage arising from the vacation rental.
Guests are responsible for their villa during occupancy. Vacation St Croix is not responsible for personal items left behind after check-out.
〉 HURRICANE POLICY:
In the event of a pending hurricane, all guests MUST vacate the Villa when instructed to do so by VACATION ST. CROIX staff. (Any unused rent and taxes will be refunded). It is the sole responsibility of the guest to secure other lodging or change airline tickets for an early departure.
Villas will be cleaned by VACATION ST. CROIX just prior to your check-in. Mid-stay maid service is included with most rentals of 7 nights or more. Mid-stay maid service is not included on certain special offer bookings. See our Special Offers page for details.
All of our villas are fully furnished, with a full kitchen and washer/dryer, and include sheets and bedding, bath towels, and beach towels. Paper products, and bath and laundry soap are supplied for start-up but must be replenished by guests as needed during your stay.
〉 NO PETS:
Pets of any kind are not allowed unless prior arrangements have been made.
〉 ARRIVAL ON ST. CROIX:
One Arrival Greeting is included with each villa rental. Please make sure that you have arranged for adequate transportation for your group and luggage. Your Greeter may have the space to assist you by transporting a few smaller pieces of luggage but is unable to transport guests due to insurance considerations. Please do not ask your Greeter to take passengers as it is against company policy.
〉 COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE:
VACATION ST. CROIX will make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, we will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. However, no refund or rate adjustment will be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as an interruption to the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, telephone, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage IMMEDIATELY to VACATION ST. CROIX so we can address the issue as soon as possible.
- We advise our clients to bring their cell phones as our phone system is antiquated and unreliable. Please check with your service provider and take the necessary steps to insure your cell is programmed for service in the US Virgin Islands.
- New building and remodeling projects in areas near our villas are always a possibility. We are never sure when construction might begin or continue but we will provide you with the most up to date information we have at the time of booking. We do want our guests to be aware that some construction noise could be possible and is beyond our control.
- Pest control: Insects and other pests are sometimes inevitable in the tropics. Our villas are treated monthly by Oliver’s Exterminating of St. Croix, a licensed pest control company, but you may still see an occasional bug or critter. This is not cause for complaint and is out of our control. Guests are advised not to leave food, crumbs, or garbage exposed.
〉 ENTRY INTO VILLA:
VACATION ST. CROIX staff may enter your villa to perform any repairs as necessary. If your villa is on the market for sale, we reserve the right to allow the villa to be shown, but only by advance appointment and approval of our Guests.
VACATION ST. CROIX reserves the right to substitute like or better accommodations without liability, should the villa reserved be deemed substandard by us for any reason. If comparable accommodations are not available, the Guest may receive a complete refund of all monies paid for the original Villa.
〉 ILLEGAL DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS:
Guests and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb, or property.
〉 VILLA KEYS:
VACATION ST. CROIX WILL charge the Guest $20.00 for each set of lost or mishandled keys.
〉 CAPACITY OF VILLAS:
The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for. The maximum number of guests allowed in any villa is 2 per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for the excess persons immediately or vacate the villa without a refund. Exceptions are made only for infants; if sleeping in a baby crib, they are NOT included in the villa’s total count.
〉 QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES:
VACATION ST. CROIX maintains an atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of Guests. We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties or functions such as weddings are allowed.
〉 CHECK OUT:
Check-out time is 10:00 AM on your day of departure unless otherwise noted. Please call the office 340-718-0361 to let us know that you are departing and exactly where in the villa you have left the keys. We do charge for lost or mishandled keys.
Failure to vacate the villa by check-out time may result in a late check-out charge as we would have to put a larger crew to work at the villa to ready it in time for the next guests. A charge of $100/hour, or any part of an hour, will be added to your credit card if you extend your time without permission. Vacation St. Croix may be able to grant you a late check-out if arrival is not expected at your villa that afternoon or the next day and/or we do not have a maintenance project scheduled. If you would like a late check-out please call us mid-stay to inquire. Office: 340-718-0361. We are always happy to grant a late checkout whenever we can.
This agreement becomes binding upon receipt of your rental deposit. Your sending payment constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions. If you have any problems or questions with any of the preceding, please BE SURE to contact us BEFORE you send us your rental deposit monies. Thank you.