Each April, St Croix becomes the buzz of the culinary world with our St Croix Food & Wine Experience anchored by the annual Taste of St Croix Event held at the Divi Carina Bay Resort. This wonderful week of foodcentric events brings celebrity chefs from some of the best restaurants in the world to participate and share their knowledge and expertise with local budding chefs. The past 10 years have transformed our island into a mecca of diverse eats and our reputation as a culinary destination increases each year. Proceeds from the events benefit the St Croix Foundation, as well as providing scholarship and internship opportunities for culinary students in the US Virgin Islands.
If you are lucky enough to be here from April 8-14, 2016 be sure to attend at least one of these delicious events.
- Friday April 8 | Cork and Fork Dinners 6pm $1,000.00/plate These intimate dinners, prepared by renowned Executive and Celebrity Chefs Sam Choy of Hawaii and the Food Network’s Robyn Almovodar, take place in spectacular private homes around the island. Each home boasts a luxurious menu developed by the Chef which is then perfectly paired with hand selected wines. Get Tickets for this event.
- Friday April 8 | Sunset BBQ 6pm $50pp Visit the historic Frederiksted waterfront while savoring a barbeque feast prepared by grilling experts Chefs Billy Desimone, Negust Kaza, Ralph Motta, and Digby Stridiron and, of course, Anton Doos with our own local culinary students. Featuring live music from R&B Connection. Get Tickets for this event.
- Saturday April 9 | Wine in the Warehouse 6pm $125pp In 2016, we turn back the clock for the one-night transformation of the warehouse into the Great Gatsby and Prohibition Era. With a few new twists, this favorite event promises to be a beautiful, surprising, and fun Experience. Featuring live music, a silent auction, a fabulous raffle, wines for sale, amazing appetizers and of course, the focus of the evening: wine tastings with winemakers present. Put your shawl on to combat the cool air in the wine warehouse and don’t forget to dress for the time: flappers, fringe, feathers and tassels are welcome! Get Tickets for this event.
- Sunday April 10 | Cuisine on the Green Noon $200/golfer; $800/foursome; $75 for non-golfers Experience a beautiful Robert Trent Jones Golf Course while you enjoy culinary bites and cocktail samples at select tees. Golfers and non-golfers delight in this entertaining day. Non-golfers are invited to tour the tastings with or without a golf cart. Contact the Pro Shop at 340-778-5638 or Kevin Ferris at firstname.lastname@example.org for Reservations. Get Tickets for this event.
- Monday April 11 | Hawaiian Caribbean Fusion Luau with Chef Sam Choy $80pp Fusion Luau with Chef Sam Choy, legendary Hawaiian chef, author and award winning restaurateur and Chefs Billy Desimone, Jeremy Wright, Negust Kaza, Bio Kaza and Gary Klinefelter. Live music & DJ. Performance by Kiki & the Flaming Gypsies 6-7pm. Get Tickets for this event.
- Tuesday April 12 | Gourmet Vintner Dinner $250pp 6pm Ha’ Penny Beach Club. It’s the “25th All Silver Jubilee” at the Gourmet Vintner Dinner in 2016. Join us for an intimate and lively dining experience where we celebrate the Foundation’s 25th Anniversary with celebrity guest Chef Javier Nassar, who will create a delectable menu paired with renowned wines from Terlato International Wines… and the results will truly astound! With its gourmet themed auction, this classy and lively dinner kicks off the week of indulgence and generosity. Get Tickets for this event.
- Thursday April 14 |A Taste of St Croix $95pp 6pm The event that started it all in 2001! The largest culinary event in the Caribbean featuring over 60 restaurants, chefs, cooks, caterers & farmers coming together for an amazing night of revelry. Known nationally and abroad as one of the finest food and wine events in the Caribbean. It was the catalyst for the St. Croix Food and Wine Experience, named by Forbes Traveler one of the “top 10 international food and wine events.” A Taste of St. Croix has attracted thousands of guests including international winemakers, rum distillers, brewers, and celebrity chefs, who are all able to drink in the culture and vibe of our amazing island. Get Tickets for this event.
Cork & Fork Dinners
Wine in the Warehouse
Taste of St Croix
Read More about Past Events on My-StCroix.com
Want to learn more about dining opportunities on St Croix? Check out My-StCroix.com’s Restaurant Guide