The ocean breeze, white sand, brilliant blue water – these are the beginnings of the perfect storybook romantic honeymoon or getaway. St Croix is the perfect setting creating or reigniting the spark. Here are 5 off the beaten path things to do that we’re sure will make your vacation sizzle!
- Hike down to a secluded beach. The hike down to Jacks & Isaacs bay from Point Udall (there are 5 parking spaces on the right just before you crest the hill, the path is right there) is moderate and absolutely stunning. The trail is well maintained and about a 15 minute trek either direction. Bring a backpack, water, snacks, your camera and snorkel/fins if you have them. There are no facilities but you’ll find a huge stretch of white sand beach and pristine coral heads for exploring in the water. On many week days, you may just find you have the entire place to yourselves!
- Dive the Frederiksted Pier. For experienced and certified divers, you really don’t even need a guide. Just grab tanks and equipment from one of the waterfront dive shops and jump in. Rule of thumb is to head out under the pier West until you reach a half-tank, turn around and come back. It’s an easy shore dive but full of diversity and listed as one of the Top 10 Pier dives in the world! Not a certified diver? No problem. You can snorkel the pier too. Or if you’re adventurous, sign up as a couple for a PADI Discover Scuba Dive. You’ll be diving in 40 feet of water in now time and your dive will count as your first Open Water dive if you choose to go on with full certification.
- Have lunch in a hidden Garden. If you’re looking for a romantic afternoon lunch in a garden setting that oozes romance, stop at Cafe Christine in Apothecary Hall in downtown Christiansted just off Company Street. This french-inspired bistro is the perfect place to sip wine over a lazy salad. Share a piece of the pear and chocolate pie for an indulgent dessert.
- Book a couples massage. After your relaxing lunch, book a couples massage back at your villa. Vacation St Croix can help you out with the perfect massage therapist recommendations or visit one of the local spas like Pampered VI. Some even offer beachside massage for a real sensory getaway.
- Take a Sunset Sail. There’s nothing more romantic than watching the Caribbean sun dip into the sea from a sail boat. During the winter season you can sail aboard the wooden hull Schooner Roseway for the ultimate sailing adventure, take a leisurely rum punch sail with Big Beard’s Adventure Tours (now offering a relaxing Salt River Tour) or head west for live music and cocktails aboard Lyric Sails. We guarantee you’ll fall in love with any of them.
Of course, there’s nothing sexier than a lazy afternoon at your own private villa pool too!
Bonus: A Valentine’s Feast for all the senses
If you are visiting us this February 2018 over Valentine’s Day – check out the Sensory Dinner being offered at Bes Craft Cocktails